Friday, February 27, 2009

MY LESSONS

WRITTEN AFTER MASTERING THE ART OF DRIVING
By Ezekiel Kiago

After attending my few driving classes, there are several lessons that you and I can apply in our lives.
1. The principle of thinking ahead- in the driving school the instructor uses a model town on a board. On that board you have to think ahead, say which way to take, the alternative ways e.t.c. In real life we have the past, present and future. int he 3 we have to see where we are headed. Foresight is the 7th sense after the 6 common senses. With all thy getting, think ahead of where you are.

2.The principle of Relaxation- in the driving school the instructor helps you to understand how to hold the steering, how to accelerate and some more daily practices. My instructor always tells me, "Relax and take things as I do to food and sleep:they come automatically without a lot of struggle. Lets relax, don't push the accelerator pedal to the wall, you can cause an accident." relax God is in control.

3. Never condemn others who are where you have never been- before my driving lessons, I termed driving a car as play, and that drivers waste a lot of time doing what I could do easily. I was proved wrong when the instructor told me to start and move the car, I did nothing. Before you condemn others, please understand why they behave so.

4. Consequences are fruits of 'I know it all attitude'- why not ask questions when you have an instructor? many of us forget that we are not the first to walk the path we are in. Many others at our disposal are waiting for us to call them for help, but we cannot because our ego. It takes humility for those who ask for help. Let us realize that we have all we need around us, just awaiting our recognition.