Tuesday, April 16, 2024

NO INSANITY

 The wise say that when we do the same things and expect different results, we are insane in that capacity. As I approach my 46th Birthday, I am thanking God for the enlightenment that came in the beginning of this year (2024). I visited Kenya in December 2023 to celebrate with my family Christmas. I had some money with me including maize sale that amounted to 120,000 Kenyan shillings. I spent the money in drinking and smoking. For the 2 weeks I was there, I enjoyed myself forgetting that I had been sweating to accumulate that kind of money. I can pinpoint that I paid a a few bills with the money and uniform for my daughter's school joining while the rest was spent together with my friends. 

Since I worked in Ethiopia, by the time I left, I had borrowed a loan of 1,500 from Fuliza and 1200 form Hustler fund (Common Kenyan lending apps). As I flew from Nairobi to Addisababa, I enjoyed the free wine provided by the airlines and when I got to Ethiopia, I was feeling like a loser and drunk. So I purposed to amend my ways by quiting the things that caused my brokenness. So I started a journey of transformation and change. I had to stop this behavior for it had consumed my 45 years of life. So 2 days after arrival I quit alcohol drinking and a month after that I quit smoking. While quiting smoking presented a lot of challenges, such as nose bleeding, I had made a decision to die but never entertain that habits. Today i have done 2 months and one week. This is helping me master myself by facing the things that affect me in a sober manner rather than running away from them by indulging in drinking and smoking.

Just last month on 14th-17th March 2024, I fast for 3 days dry and that strengthened my resolve to sobriety for the rest of my life. I had fasted 7 years before thus this was a serious milestone in my life. Having money at the end of the month has is real for me. Everyday in smoking, I would use 35 birrs that would be translated to 70 Kenyan shillings. Translated in a month would come to 70*30= 2,100.

For alcohol, I would approximate that I would consume about 20,000 Kenyan shillings (10,000 ETB) per month. Now this money is going into improving myself. I am buying new clothes and investing in social capital.

 My health is okey, I jog every morning for 20 minutes. This is what change is all about. I have been able to connect more with social capitals and good ideas are following me everywhere I go. I have also become a giver and a blessing to my family. 

I spend time to pray for about 20 minutes and also have bought a diary and a vision book that i document my intentions and future aspirations.

I joined a book club where we have been able to read 3 books: 5 am club and The monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma and current fiction read, The secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives where I have learned too much of the problems facing us as men and society. 

I have also started writing on this blog: kiagomotivation.blogspot.com as a way of journaling. this is helping me to express my thoughts and negative ones for that effect. 

I recommend change in your life... I am still evolving and so can you. A sober mind is a creative and innovative one. 


I remain original Kiago still in Addisbaba